I installed Debian Linux 9.4 on a Dell Pentium 4 for a blind friend, and then
brltty
first using gcc to configure, make, and install, and then when that didn't
work,
uninstalling it and using Debian's apt-get tool to install the package from
their
repositories. The serial PowerBraille 80 would not respond to either. Typing
brltty as root gives me the version number of the software, but the system does
not find brltty-test. Does someone have any suggestions to try to debug this
install? Thanks in advance.