Hello Dave, Dave Mielke <[email protected]> wrote on Fr, Apr 23, 2010 at 06:37:42 -0400: >[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/04/23 at 08:12 +0200] >>as you suggested I tested the behavior with and without speech. Unfortunately, >>switching off the speech doesn't seem to stop the problem. > >How did you turn off speech? Did you do it by telling brltty to use the "no" >speech driver? I used the key stroke to turn off autospeak. Does that mean any difference? Brltty doesn't speak at all.
>>My notebook has a 2.1 Ghz CPU, so I can't fully understand why brltty >>shouldn't >>have enough CPU time. >Just to be sure, next time around when the problem occurs could you please do >the uptime command and check what the load average is? Here, in an "extreme" case, during gnome was loading the configuration at start up: 13:52:25 up 0 min, 2 users, load average: 1.75, 0.44, 0.15 and now 5 min later: 13:57:17 up 5 min, 5 users, load average: 0.10, 0.28, 0.16 This is a quite clear situation. I will continue testing, but I had this also while working in vim, and nothing other *foreground process* running. >>I tried also renice, which took also no effect. > >renice -20 ? No, +20 which is in fact incorrect, just read the man page :-). I'll give this a additional test. _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
