[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/05/02 at 14:05 +0200]

>>How did you turn off speech? Did you do it by telling brltty to use the "no" 
>>speech driver?
>I used the key stroke to turn off autospeak. Does that mean any difference?
>Brltty doesn't speak at all.

That should be okay too, yes.

>Here, in an "extreme" case, during gnome was loading the configuration at 
>start up:
>13:52:25 up 0 min,  2 users,  load average: 1.75, 0.44, 0.15
>and now 5 min later:
>13:57:17 up 5 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.28, 0.16

That looks okay too.

>This is a quite clear situation. I will continue testing, but I had this also
>while working in vim, and nothing other *foreground process* running.

Well, it's not only the foreground that counts. Brltty itself runs in the 
background and is seen by the system as such. What's running in the background 
makes just as much difference.

>>renice -20 ?
>No, +20 which is in fact incorrect, just read the man page :-). I'll give this 
>a
>additional test.

:-) +20 may well make the problem way worse.

I think I'll probably be looking into running the keyboard monitor as a 
separate thread at a high priority just so that it stands on its own, with its 
own properties, and can never be blocked by other tasks brltty needs to 
perform. I don't want to do this until after 4.2 is out, though, as, at this 
point, I don't want to risk brltty's stability in any way.

-- 
Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of God.
Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the Day of Judgement.
EMail: [email protected] | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.
http://FamilyRadio.com/                   | http://Mielke.cc/bible/
_______________________________________________
This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list.
To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected]
For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty

Reply via email to