Hello Claire, thank you for the explanation.

But I think you probably not understand my questions.

For your points 1–9, I think they can all be implemented in user
space. Yes, translators can bring these benefits. But my question is:
Why does it need to be implemented as a translator rather than as a
program?

If you want to modularize the LLM, I think you can think about how to
handle the APIs between the programs.

For your point 10, I think the efficiency of LLMs today mainly comes
from using GPUs, with only some edge cases using CPUs. If you use a CPU,
only relatively small models, such as 9B models or some small
MLP/CNN/PINN, can run reasonably well.

For your points 11 and 12, I think they are the same as my points above:
these things can also be implemented by ordinary user-space programs.

Yes, translators can provide these properties, but why translators
specifically?

Reply via email to