In terms of experience, I’m an old rookie and I’m all in for new participants
in amateur radio, but not at any cost.  The modicum of professionalism
associated with being a ham is substantially due in part to the incremental
privileges derived by testing. This is in line with the premise something
worked for likely has greater value than that which is simply given. Statistics
have shown in almost every case where requirements are ‘relaxed’ in hopes of
increased interest, the results were dismal. Even worse, those who showed
initial interest were equally likely to lose interest within a short period of
time.

Does anyone have details as to the number of current users seeking this change,
as well as how many potential users might pursue interest should additional
privileges be given?  Brings to mind something once said in a similar issue;
always be careful what you ask for - you just might get it.

73s,

Larry R
K5LER