I agree Paul,

Field Day is not a contest in the same vein as one of the big DX contests.
Rather, it is a combination of emergency preparedness exercise, social event,
and contest. As such we need to accommodate all of those interests. At the same
time, one becomes “not a rookie” by wading in and making contacts, preferably
with a coach there to help. The only thing that bothers me is when I see a
station being occupied by people who are just shooting the breeze, not
operating. This just contributes to the noise level in the room and blocks
someone else from getting on the air.

Above all, however, Field Day is a social event, so we want to make sure that
everyone feels welcome. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Doug Seyler WB5TKI
TDXS Field Day Coordinator

Sent from my iPad