for $70 a year you can get a small PO Box at the post office.  I have all my important mail sent to the PO Box

On 12/9/2020 1:47 PM, KJ Anderson via BVARC wrote:

So here’s what I did, after consulting a few non-ham expat friends who’ve had to solve this same problem for other reasons.  I made an account with https://anytimemailbox.com <https://anytimemailbox.com> and got a normal address here in Cypress, where they will either allow me to pick mail up, or they’ll scan it and send me an email, or access it via a snazzy website.  I’m still waiting for my information to clear, but for $10/month, I feel like this is a good way to go.

I’ll update the group if I have a bad experience.

*-------------------------------------------------*

*KJ Anderson*

253-380-2636

www.linkedin.com/in/scrumnerd <http://www.linkedin.com/in/scrumnerd>

*From:* BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> *On Behalf Of *Eddie Runner via BVARC
*Sent:* Wednesday, December 9, 2020 10:35 AM
*To:* 'BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB' <bvarc@bvarc.org>
*Cc:* ed...@installer.com
*Subject:* Re: [BVARC] Mail forwarding services?

Traditionally (forever!!) hams have hade the address or contact information listed

Because we traded QSL CARDS which came in the mail…  It was a real thrill to get a mailbox full of cards

from other hams in strange far away places…   We got yearly CALLBOOKS the size of giant phone books

every year so we had everyone’s current information..  I remember when I first got licensed I rushed out

and bought the next callbook so I could see my info in print (before the internet)

In the past 10 years or so, we have had increasing more and more hams that are AFRAID to publish

The address or phone numbers…  We have built into our BVARC member database provisions of

Those that want to chicken out on phone number and / or address..    I really think this is a shame though.

With a ham license, there really isn’t a way to hide your info anyway.. you can be looked up on the fcc

Webpages, or qrz, or any number of other sources…   SO WHY HIDE??   For the most part only other hams

Know about this stuff.. your average crook has no clue.

Just my 2cents

Eddie (NU5K)