Jeff, For the last 10 years before I moved to Riverstone in 2017, I had a
fold-up antenna I engineered with the help of a mechanical engineer.The mast is
a 20' 2" steel pole. I welded a c-bracket for the eaves of my garage to use as
a pivot at the 8' mark.It required 62lbs of counter balance after compensating
for the weight of the pole above 8' and the 22lb antenna.I could fold it up and
down with one finger.At the bottom I put a short pipe in the ground to secure
it with a bolt.
Here is the pictures up and swinging down.fldupantenna2.jpg

|  |  |

|  |
fldupantenna2.jpg

It worked great with a MFJ rotatable
dipole.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WMkIW_gDYvdFcwS015bUd4Ync/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-s9CPmHnBkCtVj1b0emw5ug

Now I have a folded dipole up 20' in the trees using a tree in the middle and
that same mast on one end.
I also have a 40M Skyloop with the same mast and trees.
You are welcome to come to Riverstone and see sometime.TerryK5pgf
Oh yea. I also used to be a HOA board member in Colony Grant.I have a letter
that passed for my application before I became a board member based on that
fold up antenna.

Terry Leatherland, K5PGF281-455-8090Sugar Land, Tx

    On Wednesday, March 30, 2022, 03:02:14 PM CDT, Jeff Greer via BVARC