See product design specs, as well as articles, at Balun Designs.Com. use
the core mix type for the bands you'll operate on.  For high power,
double-up on size 240 cores.  Youtube "TRX Bench" channel has a great
4-part video series on building baluns.

My experience tells me that if I want a long lasting, reliable balun (good
quality components and workmanship that withstand the elements), it's more
cost effective to buy off the shelf from Balun Designs or equivalent. (The
amount I saved wasn't worth the trouble.)  Of course, making my own is fun
and educational; but I now buy my baluns from Bob.

Gus K5GMB