In actuality, you can easily DO fax over an SIP VoIP line. I use HamShack
Hotline, and in addition I have a 1-800 number from VOIP.MS, which costs me
about a buck a month. They also offer a Fax VoIP service for about $2/month,
here is the article on their wiki:

https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Virtual_Fax

What I often ask myself on this is:

A.      How many folks are still even USING Facsimile in this day and age of
PDF/Internet; and the reverse:
B.      What do you do when the Interwebs go down? An EMP will fry both the
internet AND the copper over Fibre TELCO nodes. So, once again, there will just
be a few of us who have our rigs in a Farraday cage who can talk to anyone,
should the worst happen.
C.      All of the above, be it Zombie Apocalypse, Widespread EMP, some MAJOR
hub/node being blown up, I firmly believe (being a big fan of TEOTWAWKI
fiction*) that most folks will be too busy fighting off their formerly friendly
neighbors to be able to provide disaster comms, and calling for help will prove
fruitless as most folks within range will be under the same personal
constraints.

Yah, I agree, I am taking a ‘glass half empty’ stance.. Sorry.. lol

Once Bitten Twice Shy, Baby.. (dating myself here)

*Check out Tom Abraham’s stuff on Kindle (he is a Newscaster for ABC13 Houston,
he writes a whole buncha H-Town centric fiction..) 😉

Happy Valentine’s day!

WA5LEE

Lee Glassman, ARRL VE, COM-L, COM-T, AUXCOMM, NREMT #E3525310

Tomball, Texas

 <https://wa5lee.com/> https://wa5lee.com

Pronouns: Him/He

HCOHSEM AUXCOMM