Hi Justin,

Justin Dearing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If the powers that be would like me to make these changes and submit a
> patch.

Thanks for the offer. When I was updating the documentation for 2.8.0,
I considered adding a separate section for MinGW, but decided against
it because (1) the MinGW-Msys toolchain is very similar to UNIX and
(2) I didn't think there are many people using it. Perhaps I should
have added it anyway.

Now, after 2.8.0 is out, updating the documentation will require
some considerations. The major problem is that the documentation
is normally updated with the release (the source distribution
contains a complete copy of documentation, the same as on the
web). The second thing to consider is that the upcoming 3.0.0
release will have a completely different, configure-based build
system so the documentation section, at least for UNIX/Cygwin/Mingw,
will need to be re-written pretty much from scratch. It is not
clear to me that it is a good idea to spend time on writing
documentation for MinGW while in a few months most people who
are starting to use Xerces-C++ will be using 3.0.0.

What do you think?

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov