Jonathan Morton <> writes:

>> On 1 Mar, 2018, at 1:06 pm, Sebastian Moeller <> wrote:
>> BTW, my testing so far with the latest tc-adv did not result in any crashes,
>> but I also did not research whether the overhead account behaves like
>> expected...
> I've just added the relevant stats output.  This breaks the stats
> struct again (better to do that just after breaking it once, I
> suppose), but I left in some padding to reduce the need for that in
> future.  These stats are kept globally, so are only reported as if for
> one tin.

Ah yes, the new layout makes it somewhat difficult to add new global
stats. I suppose one could store an offset in the struct as well, but
that would probably be overdoing it, methinks. A few bytes of padding
should work fine; we probably shouldn't keep adding stats forever anyway
(famous last words) :)

> So far it looks like everything is working fine and behaving as it
> should (on a plain Ethernet interface).  The one wrinkle is that it
> takes a few thousand packets for the avg_off value to converge on the
> true value, but that should easily be tolerable in most cases.

So, erm, what do the new stats mean? ;)

Cake mailing list