Hi Jonathan,

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 14:08, Jonathan Morton <chromati...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 Mar, 2018, at 2:10 pm, Sebastian Moeller <moell...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Question: am I right to assume that the _adj values are what you pass in as
>> the true packet size into cake's calculation?
> Yes, exactly.  They include ATM, PTM and MPU factors when relevant.

Excellent, this is basically the information we would also see when tc stab is
used, and being the actually input in the (maybe indirect) transfer time
calculations is the best number IMHO for sanity checking...

>> I believe that before the xstats and Jonathan's recent updates
>> iproute2-cake-next  was more up to date, but I am probably wrong...
> I understand it's based on a newer version of iproute2, so would be easier to
> merge upstream, but its Cake support was exactly equivalent.  The latest
> batch of changes should be straightforward to port forward to it.

        Again, that sounds great, in your opinion now with the overhead/size
accounting put on new footing and Toke's xstats work are we closer to being
mergeable upstream? Any other blockers pending improvements?

Best Regards

> - Jonathan Morton

Cake mailing list