Hi everyone,
I have a question about dance length - not the length of time you run a
particular dance, but the length of an evening of dancing. In Chicago, we
recently went from a three-hour Monday night dance to a two-and-a-half hour
Monday night dance. Some dancers like ending earlier, some really hate it and
others don't seem to care.
>From a caller's perspective, will you generally keep calling contras when
>there are three or four couples left? I know one can always call squares or
>triplets, or ask the band to play waltzes, but I'm specifically curious about
>contras. Do people think there's a minimum number of dancers necessary for a
>contra line? I've danced in four-couple contra lines, and I don't think it's a
>whole lot of fun. And I've been the caller at 10:45 p.m. trying to call a
>square dance, which I'm not good at yet, and I don't think that's a lot of fun
>either.
Thanks for any input you all have....
Meg