I also speak from limited calling experience (4 years, in Maine and more
recently Boston). I do give more programmatic weight to becket dances
towards the end of the halves, and occasionally i'll modify a B part that
already circles left to end with a partner swing.

(I take a fairly conservative approach based on my own experience as a
dancer. I may be atypical but i rarely find partners i'm so into that i
want every dance to end with a swing. IMO, if this were all about partners,
people would be dancing salsa or swing; i prefer the more
communally-oriented tradition of contra. No doubt there are also a variety
of opinions among the dancers.)

I'd say there are two basic approaches a caller can take to this question:
develop a style that is authentically your own (if you love to end with a
swing, do it; if not, why bother?) or consult people in the dance
communities you're visiting as a caller and modify your approach to suit
local tastes.

There is however a technique no one has brought up so far, one used by
several  callers i know. I don't think it at all awkward to acknowledge a
new neighbor and then acknowledge my partner, and to that end some callers
simply say "and bow to your partner" as the music finishes, always careful
to ensure it dovetails with what the band is doing.

Will however agree with Chris, the most disappointing of common B2 options
to end with is ladies chain to a left hand star, though i do not think
disappointment is intrinsic to the moves. Perhaps it is because we have
failed to cultivate the basic sense of dancing 'with' the others on all
moves, even the most mundane connective tissue of the dance.

The great strength of this tradition is its plurality.