From: Bill Baritompa <staf...@ext.canterbury.ac.nz>
Subject: Re: [Callers] Overused figures
To: "Caller's discussion list" <call...@sharedweight.net>
Date: Monday, February 27, 2012, 3:28 PM

Hi All,

   Interesting discussion.

  One of the neat aspects of contra dance (for me) is that so few figures are
used to
make up dances (as opposed to MWSD). The transitions between them and how they
are put together generate interesting and fun dances.

There are certain combination that appear frequently. One that I try to limit
using is
a (P or N) swing followed by CL 3/4 (N or P) swing which can make for a dizzy
dance.

Cheers, Bill