Charles Hannum wrote:

> If nobody teaches it, then when someone does call one, half the
> people in the hall will be starting at the stage like deer in
> headlights.

I would say that if a caller wants to do something uncommon they
should be prepared to teach it to the people who haven't seen it
before.

You seem to be proposing that callers teach things they don't intend
to use so callers at future dances don't have to.

(I wasn't trying to get into the question of whether the caller was
wrong to program an evening without any proper or unequal-turn dances,
though I don't think they were.)

Jeff