On Mon, Sep 23, 2013, Jeanette Mill wrote:

> I am designing workshop for a dance weekend here in Australia and
> would like to crowd source some inspiration:
>
> Simply answer the question - what made you addicted to contra?

"I'm not addicted, I can stop any time I want to.  I just don't want to."

More seriously, I have been doing contra, square, and folk dancing for
over a quarter-century.  For about fifteen years, I have primarily
identified as a contra dancer, mainly because I like the energy and can
"dance trance" for an extended period of time.  (Most folk dances are
shorter than contras; square dancing requires too much hearing
concentration to dance trance.)

I also like the room for flourishes (count me among the "contra cutups").
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/