When I introduce the move in Texas, I just say "do a small 'g' gypsy" and
then it gives my license to still say gypsy.  But a survey of most Texas
dancers -- they prefer "gypsy".  It's a verb, not a noun/pronoun (whatever).

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Martha Wild via Callers <
callers@lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:

> Interesting discussion on the Portland Country Dance Community Facebook
> page. Lots of great suggestions. A lot of people really don’t like “right
> shoulder round” (I’m one of them). I tried one of their suggestions last
> night - Kipsey - and it worked amazingly well. Easy to say, particularly
> when you are cutting down the calling to one word (what do you do with
> right shoulder round? shoulder? Ick.) And everyone can hear the similarity
> and knows what to do. I had tried spiral for a while and people just seemed
> confused. The other suggestion that I noticed today was from Susan Michaels
> - “look-see” That has the virtue of a similar rhyming two syllable call,
> and it’s upbeat and fun and has emphasis on facing the other person. Check
> out the discussion. https://www.facebook.com/groups/62950211264/permalink/
> 10155943260651265/

*Looking forward,Linda S. Mrosko*

*102 Mitchell Drive*