Not that the world at large was waiting for me to weigh in on this, but:

I completely endorse Jen's point that "political correctness" is usually used as code for resenting having to treat people with respect.

I completely endorse Louise's point that the past where everyone could dance for the pure joy of it is mythical and there has to be change to move forward to that place. [The operative word being "everyone"; the generally-positive experience that cis-het white guys like me had was different from "everyone".]

As a caller I've called gents/ladies, bands/bares, larks/ravens, first diagonals/second diagonals (that's for Heather & Rose style gender-free English).

I'm still going to nitpick some of  Ron's rather-too-broad statements.