Luke,

You wrote:

> I'm especially curious if something similar exists in the square dance
> repertoire; specifically the figure used in B1

Ron Buchanan's dance "Heymania"

     http://www.quiteapair.us/calling/acdol/dance/acd_210.html

includes interlocking heys similar to the your "all 8 half hey
through", except that his are full heys.  Ron refers to the figure
as a "grand hey".

I've also a similar figure, but with dancers taking hands as the
pass (so that when four meet in the center they form an actual
star), in a square dance chorus that I first learned from Larry
Edelman.  I don't know where Larry learned it or whether he
invented it.  It might be something out of the 1950s.

--Jim