I’m not sure “circulate” is a common enough move in contra that you have to
worry about using the call differently, though it is becoming more common. And
correspondingly, I’d say “partial circulate” will hardly be helpful at all. I
think you could say “circulate to a wave” the first couple of times, and then
“circulate t’wave” as needed. (Teach it, of course, with more words than that,
and tell them you’re going to call it “circulate to a wave.” Maybe point out
during teaching that if you’re facing in you go to the wave, if you’re facing
out you turn and stay on the outside—that way you don’t have to call “circulate
to a ladies’ wave”/“circulate to a gents’ wave.")

Read Weaver
Jamaica Plain, MA
http://lcfd.org