Choose easy dances. The music is usually hard enough, and fun enough. Easy can
allow for extra flourishes to add even more spice.

Live or mixed recordings? If live then it should be perfectly square AABB. If
mixed, the only thing you can count on is 8-beat phrases. Also if mixed you
need to listen in advance to know how long the intro is for the first phrase,
and keep focus on which phrase you’re in somehow.

The specific questions about demos and walk through, yes, sure, depends on the
crowd.

\Bob
Techno DJ/caller