Just to expand people’s idea of “techno”, let’s include “non-traditional music
contras”. People often conflate these. As an umbrella term, “techno” does not
have to mean dimmed or special lighting. There’s a lot of fun in dancing to any
music appropriately edited for contra dancing in normal hall lighting! (I
include live and DJ’d music in this definition.)

With normal hall lighting, demos are perfectly appropriate. Again, keep the
dances simple, so demos shouldn’t need to be long.

\Bob