rjvbb added a comment.

  >   I sometimes find myself feeling this way about Frameworks too. A recent
experience at a hackathon where I helped 8 students set up complete development
environments from scratch reinforced this viewpoint. Not that I'm seriously
recommending re-merging the frameworks, but I would like to challenge the
notion that splitting a monolithic codebase across multiple repos is a boon to
onboarding; I don't think it is. It may have other benefits, but I don't think
onboarding is one of them.

  Apple were first to start calling their system libraries "frameworks" and
they do have a nice feature that would address those issues. Something like the
Accelerate framework is actually a collection of frameworks. You only specify
the "interface" framework, and I *think* that "the system" figures out what to
link. Of course they had to rewrite the linker driver (or linker itself) in
order to understand how to deal with their framework bundles so they had every
occasion to add some additional logic.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12815

To: rjvbb
Cc: jtamate, rempt, anthonyfieroni, dcaliste, boemann, pino, rjvbb, ngraham,
ognarb, Calligra-Devel-list, #calligra:_3.0, leinir, davidllewellynjones,
cochise, vandenoever