David, that's not at all what I meant.

We don't have any dynamic content right now, so there is no point running it as
if it were a dynamic site right now. That could be changed in a matter of hours
if we did add something dynamic, like a forum. I'm not sure how a screencast
would relate to a dynamic website, and I was certainly not suggesting a tumblr
log would be the most ideal way to showcase screencasts - just that it is
compatible with all sorts of media as a way of responding to questions with
visual as well as textual answers. I'm more than happy for anyone to implement
grand ideas for the camping website. Github Pages is just what we're using at
the moment because static pages has been everything we need recently. I'd love
to see camping have a great site. If you'd like to make one, go ahead! You have
complete freedom - feel free to use any of the assets of our current website
(it's up at <https://github.com/camping/camping.io/tree/gh-pages> ) - There
really is no thought leader of camping to convince of anything. If you want to
do something, lets do it! No matter how cooky or unusual.

One of the things I wanted to do for a while was create a free camping web
host, ala dotgeek, with a very simple file-based key-value database and the
option of sqlite. Unfortunately time has gotten the better of me for that
project, but I still think it'd be totally awesome to do! Sandboxing and
security issues I'm not too sure about, which is one of the setbacks for that
project.

Judofyr's been working on a tool for assembling a better camping book, but I'm
not sure if he's still working on that.

—
Jenna