The problem is basically this:

Sometimes you want to reference static files, and other components of your
site. I have a Gallery app mounted at http://creativepony.com/gallery/ and it
causes me all sorts of trouble. Often times to reference static files I end up
needing to use /../ in URLs inside of views and controllers, which webservers
surprisingly correctly translate in to the wanted files, most of the time.
Other times I want to reference other camping apps mounted in the same server
instance via a rack URLMap.

I know as I say this someone will paste a function I can redefine with some
boggling ultracompressed camping code inside, where every variable is a letter
- but I have work arounds which work. The trouble is that hacking about like
this just isn't fun.

In my opinion Camping needs in it's core static file serving, catchall
before/after methods for controllers, and I have no idea how, but we need to
fix the insanity which is the (self / arg) thing being applied to all src and
href values in markaby templates. It's a great idea and I love it when it
works, but it's so often a leaky abstraction for me, and when it leaks, there's
no clear solution!

—
Jenna