On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Dave Everitt <dever...@innotts.co.uk>wrote:

> I'm not too bothered about 3k. But I think what Nokan's saying is that
> he'd like Camping to remain functioning as it is so he can continue to run
> his apps as they're set up now, but that extra features could be added with
> an optional `require 'camping/new_extra_stuff`... - Nokan, is this correct?
> Although I've no practical idea about how this might best be achieved -
> DaveE

Exactly.  That's what I wanted to say.  I don't really care about the 3k,
however it
is charming for me.  What I like in Camping is the simplicity.  I don't
need to be
up-to-date in new inventions like in Rails.  What I've learnt about Camping
N years
ago that's still true and works.  It's enough if I have a massive Ruby
knowledge
and I'll be able to solve anything that comes up.

Sometimes it is a bit too simple, sometimes it's not logical, and I can
understand
that people want it to be more supportive while working with it.  If you
could
somehow make the shiny new version an extension of the existing one, then
you could keep the 3k (or 4k) limit, and serve the needs of the extra
features
at the same time.

Of course I don't know how to do it, or if it is possible at all.  The
source of
Camping is something that I don't want to see again. :)

u.