I would leave the name "camping" for the original gem, and would choose
another
one for the fork.

But exactly what are those features that you (all) would like to add to
camping?

 - before/after methods of controllers,
 - something around serving static files and R(),
 - ???

Actually I think it's not logical that you can build HTML by default using
Markaby,
but you can't build CSS in the same way.  And I hate the trick with __END__
and
appended CSS code.  It's not good if you "require" your app into a
production
environment, for example.

u.