On Jan 11, 2009, at 9:29 PM, Jamis Buck wrote:

>> more clear anyway, though I'm definitely not sure how one could do
>> "&"...

fork{ fork{ system command } and exit! } and Process.wait   # this is
'&'

the biggest issue, really, is people doing crappy shell scripting that
should be done in ruby.  what we do is make rake tasks to perform any
key operation, they all cap run command simply looking like

   run 'rake some:thing:like:this'

which vastly simplifies getting deployment right.

just food for thought.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.