If you were talking about geodesic distance (i.e., running along the contour of the fiducial surface -- not as the crow flies through the CSF/WM), then you could use the Surface: ROI feature for this purpose. (First operation Geodesic Distance, and then threshold the resulting metric at the desired distance.)

I'm not aware of something like that for 3D distances, but there's a Make Sphere feature in Window: Script Builder. Worst case, you could generate a sphere around the enclosing voxel and map that ROI volume to the surface.