Hi Donna,
I have tried to use File: Open Volume Anatomy and Open Volume Functional on:
image.hdr
image.HEAD
image.nii

as you suggested, but unfortunately they all cause the X session to crash.

Thank you for you help!
Best,
Marco

Donna Dierker wrote:
Marco,

Does the problem occur when you use File: Open Volume Anatomy (or functional) File to open the same file?

If so, does it occur if you convert the file to NIfTI and/or AFNI? I'm guessing it will (e.g., suggesting a display issue, rather than a file I/O issue), but it helps to be sure. If you have trouble converting to another file format, then upload the file here, and I'll provide you the converted version:

http://pulvinar.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/upload.cgi