Dale,

In situations like this, I get the anatomical template image used as the atlas
target for spatial normalization.  Flirt and fnirt both use the avg152T1, but
different versions.  Load your atlas target in Caret, and overlay the surface
outline of the PALS mean surface used as a mapping substrate.  Then load your
precuneus cluster volume and overlay that over all.  You might need help at one
or more of these steps, but this is how you will get to the bottom of the
missing cluster.

If you used fnirt to get stuff on avg152, then there's a decent chance your
cluster won't intersect the mean PALS surface well.  Seeing the intersection of
the anatomical volume, mean surface, and functional volume will tell us how to
fix the problem.

Donna