Thank you very much!
________________________________
From: caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu
[caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu] on behalf of Timothy Coalson
[tsc...@mst.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 5:18 PM
To: Caret, SureFit, and SuMS software users
Cc: Tang, Yiyuan
Subject: Re: [caret-users] projecting functional MRI to gii surfaces

Yes, the vertices array appears to be the vertex coordinates.  You may need to
do the -file-convert -format-convert XML_BASE64_GZIP (not ASCII) on the metric
file (and maybe even rename it to end in .func.gii) to load it in matlab as a
gifti file.

The metric file does not contain voxel values, it contains a value at each
surface vertex.  The correspondence between voxels and surface vertices is
purely spatial, and unless you used enclosing voxel mapping (which is not good
for continuous data values like functional activation), each vertex contains an
interpolated value derived from several voxels.

Tim

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Tang, Yan