From: caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu
[caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu] on behalf of Timothy Coalson
[tsc...@mst.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 3:54 PM
To: Caret, SureFit, and SuMS software users
Subject: Re: [caret-users] projecting functional MRI to gii surfaces

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Tang, Yan
<yan.t...@ttu.edu<mailto:yan.t...@ttu.edu>> wrote:
Yes,I have a lot of volumes which need be projected to surface. I only know how
to use the 'map volume to surface '. I don't know how to use the command. Could
you give me an example?
Can the file of *.coord.gii be thought as the <coordinate-file-name> file? But
I only found .coord file can be used in the menu of "caret command executor" .
How about "topo"?

.coord.gii should work, if it doesn't rename or copy the file to end in just
.coord .  The topo is the same file you need to load to be able to view the
surface.

another thing is how to set the <input-metric-or-paint-file-name>?

From the pasted help:

"If the input metric or paint file name is not an empty string (""), the newly
create metric or paint columns will be appended to the file and then written
with the output file name."

In other words, if you don't want to append the columns to an existing metric
file, use "" (a pair of double quotes) for the argument.

Since you asked something related on the hcp_users list (wb_command volume to
surface mapping), I will recommend that you try using wb_command for this, as
caret5 is no longer under active development.  The main hurdle in moving to
Workbench is converting the separate coord/topo files into the combined
.surf.gii format (with caret_command -file-convert with the -sc option).

From:
caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu<mailto:caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu>

[caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu<mailto:caret-users-boun...@brainvis.wustl.edu>]
 on behalf of Donna Dierker