The link below describes the dynamic registration.
Does CAS support the static registration?
I supposed the JSON example related to the static registration.

Yes. That’s it. The dynamic part is the “REST API” you had in mind which isn’t
implemented, but would be trivial to do so.

2) Is it possible to add to claims something else in addition to the user
attributes?

I am inclined to say yes, but you do need to provide an example. Lets talk in
concrete terms: what is that something else? where does it come from? What are
its potential values?

--
CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/etPan.580610ea.2bed673b.3323%40unicon.net.