I have set up a test instance of a CAS 5.1.0 server running under tomcat 
with a fairly minimal configuration.  I would like to enable the /status 
from my workstation's IP address (or better yet, two or three ranges of IP 
addresses).  I am not able to make sense of the documentation for how to 
accomplish this 
(https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/installation/Monitoring-Statistics.html, 
https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/installation/Configuring-Monitoring.html, 
and 
https://apereo.github.io/cas/5.1.x/installation/Configuration-Properties.html). 
 
When I attempt to visit https://<CAS_URL>/cas/status, I am directed to an 
error pages that states "YOU DID NOT SAY THE MAGIC WORD!" and "We are 
sorry. You do not have permission to view this page".

Here is what I have so far:
----------BEGIN cas.properties-----------
cas.server.name: https://my.test.cas.server
cas.server.prefix: https://my.test.cas.server/cas
cas.host.name: my.test.cas.server
logging.config: file:/etc/cas/config/log4j2.xml
###cas.authn.accept.users=casuser::Mellon
cas.authn.accept.users=
#ldap stuff:
cas.authn.ldap[0].type=AUTHENTICATED
cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl=ldaps://my.ldap.server:636/
cas.authn.ldap[0].useSsl=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].useStartTls=false
cas.authn.ldap[0].trustCertificates=file:/etc/cas/certificates_to_trust/i_trust_this_ca.cer
cas.authn.ldap[0].connectTimeout=5000
cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributeID=sAMAccountName
cas.authn.ldap[0].principalAttributeList=sAMAccountName,displayName,mail,memberOf,description:UDC_IDENTIFIER
cas.authn.ldap[0].baseDn=dc=xxx,dc=yyy,dc=edu
cas.authn.ldap[0].bindDn=cn=ldap,cn=Users,dc=xxx,dc=yyy,dc=edu
cas.authn.ldap[0].bindCredential=XXXXXXXXXX
cas.authn.ldap[0].userFilter=sAMAccountName={user}
cas.authn.ldap[0].subtreeSearch=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].minPoolSize=3
cas.authn.ldap[0].maxPoolSize=10
cas.authn.ldap[0].validateOnCheckout=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].validatePeriodically=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].validatePeriod=600
cas.authn.ldap[0].failFast=true
cas.authn.ldap[0].idleTime=500
cas.authn.ldap[0].prunePeriod=600
cas.authn.ldap[0].blockWaitTime=5000
## attempting to grant /status privilege to the workstation with the 
following IP address
cas.adminPagesSecurity.ip=10\.11\.12\.13
----------END cas.properties-----------

For deploying CAS with maven overlay, I used the following for pom.xml:

----------BEGIN pom.xml-----------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd ">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
    <artifactId>cas-overlay</artifactId>
    <packaging>war</packaging>
    <version>1.0</version>

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>com.rimerosolutions.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>wrapper-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>0.0.4</version>
                <configuration>
                    <verifyDownload>true</verifyDownload>
                    <checksumAlgorithm>MD5</checksumAlgorithm>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>${springboot.version}</version>
                <configuration>
                    
<mainClass>org.springframework.boot.loader.WarLauncher</mainClass>
                    <addResources>true</addResources>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.6</version>
                <configuration>
                    <warName>cas</warName>
                    <failOnMissingWebXml>false</failOnMissingWebXml>
                    <recompressZippedFiles>false</recompressZippedFiles>
                    <archive>
                        <compress>false</compress>
                        
<manifestFile>${project.build.directory}/war/work/org.apereo.cas/cas-server-webapp/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
                        </manifestFile>
                    </archive>
                    <overlays>
                        <overlay>
                            <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
                            <artifactId>cas-server-webapp</artifactId>
                        </overlay>
                    </overlays>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
                <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>3.3</version>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
        <finalName>cas</finalName>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
            <artifactId>cas-server-webapp</artifactId>
            <version>${cas.version}</version>
            <type>war</type>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apereo.cas</groupId>
            <artifactId>cas-server-support-ldap</artifactId>
            <version>${cas.version}</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.ldaptive</groupId>
            <artifactId>ldaptive-unboundid</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <properties>
        <cas.version>5.1.0</cas.version>
        <springboot.version>1.5.3.RELEASE</springboot.version>
        <maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
        <maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
        <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
    </properties>

    <repositories>
        <repository>
            <id>sonatype-releases</id>
            
<url>http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/</url>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </snapshots>
            <releases>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </releases>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>sonatype-snapshots</id>
            
<url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/</url>
            <snapshots>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
            </snapshots>
            <releases>
                <enabled>false</enabled>
            </releases>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>shibboleth-releases</id>
            
<url>https://build.shibboleth.net/nexus/content/repositories/releases</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
            <id>spring-milestones</id>
            <url>https://repo.spring.io/milestone</url>
        </repository>
    </repositories>

    <profiles>
        <profile>
            <activation>
                <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
            </activation>
            <id>pgp</id>
            <build>
                <plugins>
                    <plugin>
                        <groupId>com.github.s4u.plugins</groupId>
                        <artifactId>pgpverify-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>1.1.0</version>
                        <executions>
                            <execution>
                                <goals>
                                    <goal>check</goal>
                                </goals>
                            </execution>
                        </executions>
                        <configuration>
                            
<pgpKeyServer>hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net</pgpKeyServer>
                            
<pgpKeysCachePath>${settings.localRepository}/pgpkeys-cache</pgpKeysCachePath>
                            <scope>test</scope>
                            <verifyPomFiles>true</verifyPomFiles>
                            <failNoSignature>false</failNoSignature>
                        </configuration>
                    </plugin>
                </plugins>
            </build>
        </profile>
    </profiles>
</project>
----------END pom.xml-----------

-- 
- CAS gitter chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- CAS mailing list guidelines: https://apereo.github.io/cas/Mailing-Lists.html
- CAS documentation website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- CAS project website: https://github.com/apereo/cas
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/b694d5ab-6e73-42dc-a784-36bcdda42925%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to