Indeed, Json files are in fact being loaded from /etc/cas/config/services/
.  The issue that I am having is that
/etc/cas/config/services/HTTPSandIMAPS-10000001.json
is overwritten with a default one every time I restart tomcat.  If I remove
the file, the file is created at tomcat startup.  When the file is
overwritten or re-created, the value of the serviceID parameter reverts
back to ^(https|imaps)://.*  even though
~tomcat/webapps/cas/WEB-INF/classes/services/HTTPSandIMAPS-10000001.json