I assume you're trying to run the WAR in a container?  Do you have the exec
profile in your POM?  (See
https://github.com/apereo/cas-management-overlay/blob/master/pom.xml#L122)

If so, try deactivating it while running the maven build (eg ./mvnw -P-exec
package).  Alternatively you could try adding a classifier to the spring
boot repackaged artefact, which will leave the original WAR in tact:

<plugin>
    <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-boot-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>${springboot.version}</version>
    <executions>
        <execution>
            <goals>
                <goal>build-info</goal>