Hi Mohannad,

I just follow your setting and make myself a quick 1 hour demo. And I do
make it working.

In the process I spotted something weird in your setting.

Can you try moving the entire src folder inside the cas folder, just like
how this person did:
https://github.com/ijunjie/my-cas-overlay-template/tree/master/cas

Or, something like these:

├── build
│   └── tomcat
│       ├── logs
│       │   ├── access_log.2018-05-28.log
│       │   └── access_log.2018-05-29.log
│       └── work
│           └── Tomcat
│               └── localhost
│                   └── cas
├── build.gradle
├── build.sh
├── cas
│   ├── build
│   │   ├── libs
│   │   │   ├── cas.war
│   │   │   └── cas.war.original
│   │   ├── resources
│   │   │   └── main
│   │   │       ├── application_back.properties
│   │   │       ├── hbmsu
│   │   │       ├── hbmsu.properties
│   │   │       ├── service
│   │   │       │   └── testJSONFILE-123.json
│   │   │       ├── services
│   │   │       │   └── testJSONFILE-123.json
│   │   │       ├── static
│   │   │       │   └── themes
│   │   │       │       └── hbmsu
│   │   │       └── templates
│   │   └── tmp
│   │       └── war
│   │           └── MANIFEST.MF
│   ├── build.gradle
│   └── src
│       └── main
│           └── resources
│               ├── application_back.properties
│               ├── hbmsu
│               ├── hbmsu.properties
│               ├── service
│               │   └── testJSONFILE-123.json
│               ├── services
│               │   └── testJSONFILE-123.json
│               ├── static
│               │   └── themes
│               │       └── hbmsu
│               └── templates
├── etc
│   └── cas
│       └── config
│           ├── application.yml
│           ├── cas.properties
│           └── log4j2.xml
├── gradle
│   └── wrapper
│       ├── gradle-wrapper.jar
│       └── gradle-wrapper.properties
├── gradle.properties
├── gradlew
├── gradlew.bat
├── LICENSE
├── log
│   ├── cas_audit.log
│   ├── cas.log
│   ├── logArchive
│   │   ├── cas-2018-05-28-22-1.log
│   └── perfStats.log
├── README.md
├── settings.gradle

See if the above works

Cheers!
- Andy

On Monday, 28 May 2018 19:56:35 UTC+8, Mohannad Henno wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Actually this line cas.javascript.file=/themes/hbmsu/js/cas.js is
> commented in my properties file that's why I did not create the JS folder.
> Anyway I added the JS folder and uncommented that line and tried again and
> it gave the same error.
>
> Do I need to enable any extra dependency or change in the configuration to
> have it activated?
>
> Best Regards,
> Mohannad
>
> On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 10:49:14 AM UTC+4, Andy Ng wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mohannad,
>>
>> The structure in general is definitely correct (For that I mean [src >
>> main > resources > static > themes > hbmsu > css > ...])
>>
>> One thing I spotted is that you didn't seems to have [src > main >
>> resources > static > themes > hbmsu > js > ...]
>>
>> I am suspecting that the line:
>> cas.javascript.file=/themes*/hbmsu/js/cas.js*
>>
>> must required you to specified the [.. > static > themes > hbmsu > js ]
>> folder, which I think you didn't include in your CAS path.
>>
>> See if you create this: [src > main > resources > static > themes > hbmsu
>> > js > cas.js]
>>
>> Will that make your error goes away. If so, then try removing the line
>> [cas.javascript.file=/themes*/hbmsu/js/cas.js]* to see if it will work
>> if you remove the line, so you don't need to keep unnecessary folder in
>> your project.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> - Andy
>>

>> On Monday, 28 May 2018 14:14:38 UTC+8, Mohannad Henno wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> Thank you for your reply and for sharing the discussion links. My folder
>>> structure looks very similar to the one mentioned in the posts; here is it.
>>>

>>> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nB3dgmEilzE/WwudyoogyJI/AAAAAAAADzE/XTWyElYf_CQFs265XJfK-P9Dl_-VePKtQCLcBGAs/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2018-05-28%2Bat%2B10.07.30%2BAM.png>
>>>
>>> In the hbmsu.properties file I have added the following:
>>>
>>> standard.custom.css.file=/themes/hbmsu/css/cas.css
>>> admin.custom.css.file=/themes/hbmsu/css/admin.css