> Is it still necessary in 11.x/RHEL to load/open the CASPER library
> before opening a model containing library blocks?

Yes, Henry, it is.  We have a startup.m that opens/loads the user's
libraries and starts sysgen.

Here it is.

Yes, Master<1005> more startup.m
addpath('/export/home/tokra/scratch/casper/mlib_devel_10_1/xps_library');
addpath('/export/home/tokra/scratch/casper/mlib_devel_10_1/casper_library');
addpath('/export/home/tokra/scratch/casper/mlib_devel_10_1/gavrt_library');
sysgen_startup
system_dependent('RemoteCWDPolicy','reload')
system_dependent('RemotePathPolicy','reload')
load_system('casper_library');
load_system('gavrt_library');
Yes, Master<1006>

Then of course there are all the environment variable to set.  We also
have a script for that:

Yes, Master<1006> more Startsg.sh
#!/bin/bash
source /export/home/tokra/Xilinx/11.1/settings64.sh
export MATLAB=/opt/matlab
export XILINX=/export/home/tokra/Xilinx/11.1/ISE
export XILINX_EDK=/export/home/tokra/Xilinx/11.1/EDK
export PLATFORM=lin64
export XILINX_DSP=/export/home/tokra/Xilinx/11.1/DSP_Tools/${PLATFORM}
export
BEE2_XPS_LIB_PATH=/export/home/tokra/scratch/casper/mlib_devel_10_1/xps_l
ib
export MLIB_ROOT=/export/home/tokra/scratch/casper/mlib_devel_10_1
export PATH=${XILINX}/bin/${PLATFORM}:${XILINX_EDK}/bin/${PLATFORM}:${PATH}
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${XILINX}/bin/${PLATFORM}:${XILINX}/lib/${PLATFORM}:${XIL
INX_DSP}/sysgen/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
export LMC_HOME=${XILINX}/smartmodel/${PLATFORM}/installed_lin
export PATH=${LMC_HOME}/bin:${XILINX_DSP}/common/bin:${PATH}
export INSTALLMLLOC=/opt/matlab
export TEMP=/tmp/
export TMP=/tmp/
$MATLAB/bin/matlab