hi tom,

beware of non-xilinx supported operating systems.
they can waste a lot of your time.

we've experience twisted and frustrating behavior with non-xilinx supported
operating systems.   in one case, our design compiled without any error
or warning messages, but the FFT didn't produce the correct results.
we eventually figured out that small FFT's worked, but large FFT's didn't
work.
we had no idea why.
xilinx wouldn't answer our questions because they said we were using a
non-supported operating system.
when we switched to a xilinx supported operating system, everything worked.
we still don't know why this problem was related to the operating system
we were using.

best wishes,

dan