Hi Johnathan.

I can point you in the right direction for the first issue you are having.
It seems that no one has used that ADC on a ROACH2 before so you will need
to migrate the core to support Virtex 6. This is probably just a
replacement of the DCM with and MMCM, but there may be other issues.

You will need to edit this file:

https://github.com/casper-astro/mlib_devel/blob/master/xps_base/XPS_ROACH2_base/pcores/adc_mkid_interface_v1_00_a/hdl/vhdl/adc_mkid_interface.vhd

The DCM is at the end of the file.

You can see how the MMCM has been setup in the MKADC here:

https://github.com/casper-astro/mlib_devel/blob/master/xps_base/XPS_ROACH2_base/pcores/mkadc_interface_v1_00_a/hdl/vhdl/adc5g_dmux1_interface.vhd

For more info on the MMCM see the Xilinx Clocking Resource users guide.

Regards

Wesley

Wesley New
South African SKA Project