Maybe you've got a script error or something that's preventing the block from updating? That gateway block should change to 72b when your design updates. You will see the code in the init script to do this.
I've just tried this on my design, and confirmed that it changes from 36b to 72b when ROACH2 is selected in the XPS block. Paul has independently checked on his design, too. Jason Manley CBF Manager SKA-SA Cell: +27 82 662 7726 Work: +27 21 506 7300 On 01 Apr 2015, at 10:44, David MacMahon <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, Jason, > > Really? I just checked ska-sa/master on github (commit 5adf53a, dated > 2015-03-06 16:34:34 +0200) and it also has the 36-bit wide "sim_data_in" > Gateway In block inside the "qdr_sim_model" block. > > Have you actually tried to simulate QDR using data that is wider than 36 bits? > > Thanks, > Dave > > On Apr 1, 2015, at 1:37 AM, Jason Manley wrote: > >> It might well be that the simulation model is out of date... are you running >> an up-to-date library? It was copy-pasted from ROACH-1 (which is 36b vs R2's >> 72b and has a latency of 9 vs R2's 10). Paul, Wesley, Andrew and I have just >> checked, and our sim models seem to be correct on the SKA-SA github repo. >> >> Jason Manley >> CBF Manager >> SKA-SA >> >> Cell: +27 82 662 7726 >> Work: +27 21 506 7300 >> >> On 01 Apr 2015, at 10:31, David MacMahon <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Hi, Jason, >>> >>> On Mar 31, 2015, at 11:25 PM, Jason Manley wrote: >>> >>>> Yes, there is a simulation model included in the Simulink space for that. >>> >>> Yes, I know there is a simulation model included, but does it work? >>> >>> It looks like the "qdr_sim_model" passes the "data_in" signal through a >>> Gateway In block ("sim_data_in") that outputs a 36 bit wide signal. This >>> 36-bit data path propagate out of "qdr_sim_model" and then through another >>> Gateway In block ("<BLOCK_NAME>_data_out") that outputs a 72 bit wide >>> signal. >>> >>> How could that ever work? >>> >>>> I don't believe we've ever tried co-simulating the underlying VHDL from >>>> Simulink, if that's what you mean. >>> >>> No, that's not what I mean. That would require a bus functional model of >>> the QDR chip and I don't think that exists in the repository. >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Dave >>> >> >

