Greeting
Can any one point out the link to some small projects that use the Red
Pitya board with the CASPER flow ?
Regards
Hien Vo
Vietnamese German University

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 9:59 PM Adam Isaacson <aisaac...@ska.ac.za> wrote:

> [...]
> tested these on the SKARAB or Red Pitaya.
>
> I have been using Ubuntu 16.04LTS, but I know this also works on Ubuntu
> 18.04LTS. I still need to test my SKARAB on Ubuntu 18.04LTS, which I will
> do in the next couple of weeks.
>
> Here is some documentation to install the toolflow on your system and
> explains the virtual environment:
>

> https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/Installing-the-Toolflow.html
>
>  Here is some documentation to install casperfpga on your system:
>

> https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/projects/casperfpga/en/latest/How-to-install-casperfpga.html
>
> Here are the ska-sa (SARAO) repos which has the latest for SKARAB and Red
> Pitaya:
>
> 1) https://github.com/ska-sa/casperfpga/tree/devel (casperfpga)
> 2) https://github.com/ska-sa/mlib_devel/tree/devel (toolflow)
>
> Here are the casper-astro repos, which the majority of the CASPER
> community uses:
>
> 1) https://github.com/casper-astro/mlib_devel - this actually does work
> with the SKARAB and Red Pitaya too. You still need a Python 3 virtual
> environment if your default python package is 2.7.
> 2) https://github.com/casper-astro/casperfpga - this should work with
> SKARAB and Red Pitaya too (Python 2.7)
> 3) https://github.com/casper-astro/casperfpga/tree/py3-merge - this works
> with SNAP, but I haven't tested it on SKARAB or the Red Pitaya. It may work
> on the Red Pitaya, but I believe there are still issues with SKARAB (Python
> 3)
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Adam Isaacson
> South African Radio Astronomy Observatory (SARAO)
> Hardware Manager
> Cell: (+27) 825639602
> Tel:  (+27) 215067300
> email: aisaac...@ska.ac.za
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 4:36 PM 'Kobesky, Jeffrey CIV USN NRL (5555)
> Washington DC (USA)' via casper@lists.berkeley.edu <
> casper@lists.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello CASPER,
>>

>> I’m installing tool flow and am confused about which python version to
>> use for casperfpga.  I have both python 2.7 and 3.6 on my machine.
>>

>> For my equipment (red pitaya and skarab) this link
>> https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ says to use python3.
>> But if I follow the steps in this link
>> https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/src/How-to-install-casperfpga.html
>> then casperfpga gets installed under the python 2.7 folder.
>>

>> This leads to errors (for example, I get error doing
>> “casperfpga._version_” in ipython), but I think I can clear those errors by
>> reconfiguring python versioning on my machine.
>>

>> For now, big picture questions are:  Should we really be using python3
>> for casperfpga with red pitaya and skarab?  If so is there a script
>> available that would install casperfpga in the correct python3 folder?
>> I’ve looked in the email archives but can’t find answers.

https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/casper/CAA1FmcVt_3MPVjKAkQYBX_24CsmiKfdxOc1eHFamgp6eBHg9tg%40mail.gmail.com.
  • ... 'Kobesky, Jeffrey CIV USN NRL (5555) Washington DC (USA)' via casper@lists.berkeley.edu
    • ... Adam Isaacson
      • ... Hien Vo Bich