---
Thanks and Regards

Indrajit Vittal Barve

On 2021-08-06 20:44, 'Kobesky, Jeffrey CIV USN NRL (5555) Washington DC (USA)' via casper@lists.berkeley.edu wrote:
Caution: This email originated outside IIA.

Hello CASPER,

I’ve followed the casperfpga install directions found here using
pip:
https://casper-toolflow.readthedocs.io/projects/casperfpga/en/latest/How-to-install-casperfpga.html
[1]

Bewildering to me, my pip-installed casperfpga does not match my
cloned casperfpga (from casper-astro repo).  See “try” statement
in attachments, they are different.  Does anyone know how that could
happen, how did my struct.pack statement get commented out during the
pip install?  Does anyone recognize the comment “# Breaking
backwards compatibility” in the “pip_installed” attachment?

Note I came across this because I can’t seem to write a 32 bit
unsigned integer to the yellow block software register using
“write_int”.  The max number I can write without getting error is
2^31 – 1, which seems to suggest my number entry is being
interpreted as a signed integer.  Looking at the “write_int” code,
it seems the (‘>i’ if integer < 0 else ‘>I’, integer) argument
should sort that out, but for some reason it’s commented out in the
/usr/…/dist-packages/casperfpga.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I don’t understand how the
installed source code could be different than the cloned source code.
Maybe something about pip or git that I don’t understand?

Thanks again – Jeff

Jeffrey Kobesky

Electronics Engineer, Naval Research Laboratory

O: (202) 404-7109     M: (443) 243-1554

OS:  Pop!_OS 18.04 LTS (derived from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

Vivado 19.1.1    MATLAB 2018a    mlib_devel branch:  master

Python 2.7 for casperfpga and 3.6 running in (casper_venv) for
toolflow

Devices:  Red Pitaya, SKARAB

https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/msgid/casper/1514ac6a81b44ef8ad693e5fc6f62bd8%40nrl.navy.mil
[2].