Hi CASPER,
      How's it going? I'm using ubuntu14.04.
      I had some problems setting up the ROACH netboot.

   - First, sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server nfs-common.
   - Second, sudo gedit /etc/exports,and add the lines:

   # Share 'roach_boot' directory/srv/roach_boot
 192.168.100.0/24(rw,subtree_check,no_root_squash,insecure)

   - The last, exportfs -a
   -  At this time, the terminal displays:

sandang@wz-sandang:/etc$ sudo exportfs -a
exportfs: No options for to NFS: suggest NFS(sync) to avoid warning
exportfs: /etc/exports [1]: Neither 'subtree_check' or 'no_subtree_check'
specified for
export "NFS:to".
Assuming default behaviour ('no_subtree_check').
NOTE: this default has changed since nfs-utils version 1.0.x

     May I ask what are the reasons for these?
     I would be really appreciated if you reply!
Wang