So, for 185, I have a half-assed CQL update that at least keeps it
working for ascii data.

Once that's in, for 296 I propose that we proceed with the remove, and
since it will be a clean remove in svn history it will be easy for
Edward or anyone else to revert and work on locally.  When progress is
made and CQL sucks less then we can resurrect it in trunk.

The thread in -user this morning where someone's seriously trying to
use CQL scares the hell out of me because it is NOT ready for that
yet, even pre-185.  Let's remove the temptation until it's no longer a
Very Bad Idea for people to be using it. :)

-Jonathan