as you noticed, "nodeprobe move" first unloads the data, then moves to
the new position.  so that won't help you here.

If you are using replicationfactor=1, scp the data to the previous
node on the ring, then reduce the original node's token so it isn't
responsible for so much, and run cleanup.  (you can do this w/ higher
RF too, you just have to scp the data more places.)

Finally, you could work on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-579 so it doesn't need
to anticompact to disk before moving data.

-Jonathan