Peter Edwards wrote:
Centos 5 == Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
For production quality, you can expect it to be pretty stable and I have
corporate customers running it successfully. It's one of our development
platforms.
However, note mst's comments about the broken Perl on it. I found that quite
shocking considering it's supposed to be a premier Linux hosting platform.
As usual, compiling your own perl and Apache and providing your own PERL5LIB
dir per live application area is a sane way of going about delivering
standardised live applications you can roll out and support.

Possibly a bit OT now, but as I'm about to set up another production server and was going to use CentOS 5, I'm a bit concerned. Matt mentioned fstab and init, but not as far as I can see Perl - in what way is Perl broken on CentOS 5?
--
Richard Jones